Okay, I am the first to admit that I have done some "not-so-nice" things to people in the past - hell, probably, within the last hour, BUT does karma always have to strike while I am on vacation?!?!?! As many of you know, we left for DisneyLand last Sunday. And because I am a responsible traveler, I took the mini-van in for an oil change & overall inspection the week before. Everything checked out fine. However, 5 minutes after leaving the house for Anaheim on Sunday morning, the freakin' tail lights went out. We had to turn-around & go home, with both kids screaming "this isn't the way to DisneyLand". We had to unload all of our crap from the mini-van & repack it in Bob's car. Let me tell you all the things wrong with traveling in Bob's car... First & most importantly, it is a car. You can't imagine how cramped it is traveling in a car with two little girls, who insist on packing two suitcases just for their American Girl dolls! AND, unlike my mini-van, Bob's car does not have a DVD player. Due to the lack of entertainment, Angelina & Caroline spent the entire 6 hour trip taunting each other, hitting each other, etc.
Fortunately, the actual time we spent at DisneyLand was fun. Sure it rained, but we're desert dwellers, so precipitation is always exciting for us. What wasn't fun, however, was the trip back home. Once again, the lack of a DVD player really screwed things up. While Caroline slept, Angelina stared & stared out the window until she became horribly car sick. After multiple complaints that she was going to throw-up, Bob pulled over at a rest-stop. I took Angelina into the restroom. But before we could get into a stall, Angelina puked all over the floor ... AND, all over my foot. Not a good day for wearing flip-flops, people!!! I had Angelina's breakfast all in-between my toes - No wait, it gets better - In preparation for round 2, Angelina ran into a stall & clutched the toilet seat with her bare hands. If you know me, then you know my kids touching a public toilet seat is my worst nightmare!!! While Angelina took a break from being sick, I decided to wash off my foot. Of course, two women had to walk in during my bath. There I stood, washing my foot in a public sink standing next to a large pile of vomit on the floor. Angelina was silent, behind closed doors, so it appeared that I was all alone. In all my 33 years, I don't think I have ever received such disapproving glares. All I could retaliate with was, "I'm a lawyer". I had to say something & that's all I could come up with... Uggghhh... There is absolutely no dignity to be found with this "mother gig".
But enuf about my traveling woes, below are some photos of us during happier times!!! And, yes, I am holding a glass of wine at DisneyLand!
No comments:
Post a Comment