Saturday, June 27, 2009

We Have Reached A Milestone!

As I mentioned yesterday, we had a our new, SPOTLESS, carpet installed this morning... It is a breathtaking sight. So if you don't have kids, then what I am about to announce will not mean much to you... BUT, if you do have kids, especially a filthy, little juice-spilling 2-year old, who occasionally can't control the urge to pee or vomit on your carpet, then you will definitely appreciate this... Drum roll, please - Bob & I have reclaimed our master bedroom & bathroom. With the exception of napping, our room is now an "Adult-Only" zone. That's right, no more bath toys next to my razor, no more Barbie dolls hidden in my bed sheets - NADA! And while I hate to admit it, there is one more thing that has been banned from the room - Wine. I spilled A LOT of wine on the prior carpet (see horrific photo in the prior post).

Oh, and not to change the subject, but I just realized that I didn't post anything for Father's Day! So, I will now take a minute to pay tribute to my wonderful husband & the father of my two beautiful babies. When I asked Bob what has changed about his life since the arrival of our two little wild women, he responded as follows, "My life is better & happier and I don't want to die & miss seeing what these two are going to do." There you have it. I truly do hope that Angelina & Caroline come to realize how lucky they are - they have a loving daddy who works from home just so he can experience every single minute of their lives. He is there when they wake-up, he is there when they go to sleep & he is there for everything in-between. He lives to be a daddy & he is my best friend. He is the one who insisted we pick a female pediatrician, so the girls would know that doctors are women. He is the one who told Angelina that Stanford was where she belonged when she came to him & said she couldn't wait to go to Arizona State. AND, he is the man who talks about selling our house in 15 years, so we can follow the girls around when they are grown & on their own. Bob truly is one of a kind. Below are some photos of Bob & his babies from the early years...
Bob & Baby Angelina


Bob & Baby Caroline


Horsie By Day, Lawyer By Nite

No comments: