Friday, September 11, 2009

Where to Begin?

I think the title says it all - So much has happened since the last time I posted that I'm not sure where to start, but here goes:
Let me begin with some shocking new developments with respect to Caroline's love life. You may need to sit down for this one - Caroline broke up with Tanner. I think y'all remember the love affair that blossomed between these two cutie-pies during last year's preschool class. Did Caroline call Tanner or e-mail him to break the news? No, she just tells everyone that she "dumped" him... the poor guy doesn't even know. Why the break-up? Caroline has a new man in her life - Cade. Cade is a little blonde man in her current Pre-K class. AND, for all of you Texas Longhorns out there, his parents are both UT graduates. I know, I know, she has good taste. But back to the details.... Apparently, Caroline & Cade met during lunch. I know this because I overheard the following conversation between my children:

Caroline: Angelina, I have a new boyfriend & his name is Cade.

Angelina: How did you two meet?

Caroline: We met at lunch. He told a joke, I laughed... We made out a little bit and then, you know, we are boyfriend & girlfriend. (FYI- it was after the "made-out" part that I spit out my coffee & rushed
into the playroom).

Angelina: So, you aren't going to marry Tanner?

Caroline: You know that's right.... I broke up with him.

"WTF" is right!!!! Caroline is 4 not 24!!!! "Made out"????? Yes, I did ask Caroline what she meant by "made out". She got mad & said, "Oh Mom ....". I didn't press the issue because as soon as I make a big deal out of something, she talks about it non-stop. The last thing I need is for Caroline to be telling everyone that she is making out with another 4-year old!!! Brace yourself, it gets better. Quick SideNote: On Fridays, Bob or I bring the girls a special lunch, you know, like McDonald's or something. Anyway, last Friday, Bob brought a Happy Meal to Caroline for lunch. When he kneeled down to kiss Caroline good-bye, Cade shouted from across the room, "Hey, I'm her boyfriend". Needless to say, this was Bob's worst nightmare, realized about 13 years early. Poor Bob. I think it would be an understatement to say that he was irritated by the comment. He's not the only person who is frustrated. This morning, every time I tried to fix Caroline's hair she took off running - she kept yelling, "You don't need to fix my hair, Cade loves me just the way I am." Again, where is she coming up with this stuff????

Moving on from Caroline & onto Angelina. Angelina doesn't have a love-life, but she did finish reading "Little Women" this week. She is VERY proud of herself. She went to school & told all of her classmates that she read "Little Women" - AND every child she told just stared at her. Poor baby couldn't figure out why no one knew about "Little Women". You know, I tried to read that book once & stopped mid-way through... Angelina read the damn thing in 2 days. It kills me - she has absolutely no idea how intelligent she is or that she is different from the other kids her age. She is just a happy little girl and I hope to keep it that way!

1 comment:

audreypenrose said...

I am dying over here for another update on Baby Chippie and the new boyfriend!