Friday, August 28, 2009

Why, Baby Chippie, Why?

On Thursday nite, Caroline's school had "Parent Orientation Nite". It's basically a meeting where the teacher tells all of the parents the classroon rules & expectations for the year. Well, after stuffing my big a$$ into a teeny-tiny preschooler chair, and finding myself bored out of my mind, I began to look around the classroom for something interesting. Here's another case of "be careful what you wish for", because I definitely found something interesting - a wall covered in drawings that each child had made of his/her family. Underneath each drawing was a child's name. I immediately started panning the wall, trying to find Caroline's name, so I could see her portrait of our family. During my examination of the wall, I encountered some great artwork - you know, stick figure moms, dad, brothers, sisters. THEN, I discovered Caroline's masterpiece - NO mom, No dad, No sister - just a large drawing of a monkey with big, red lips & "My Family" written underneath it. WHY?!?!?!?!? I mean seriously, what in God's name possessed her to do that? As always when it comes to Caroline, after I got over my initial shock of her deed, I laughed. I wonder what the 3rd week of school will bring?

No comments: