Sunday, August 9, 2009

Surprise!

Wow! My life since Friday has been full of surprises. So, my weekend started off with a party. Sounds like a fun way to begin, right? Think again. I arrived at the party on time, however, the individual hosting the shindig showed up nearly 40 minutes late - almost 40 minutes late for her own freakin' party. The reason for the extreme tardiness? I have no idea because no reason or apology was given. But wait, it gets better. While I stood around waiting with the other guests, the owner of the venue approached me & asked for the total head count with respect to the guest list. WTF??? How the hell was I supposed to know... And that's basically the answer I gave. THEN, she complained that she left a message for the host regarding the final guest list & never received a call-back. Neat. That's right "Neat". That's really all I have to say about the situation because I cannot find the words to adequately express just how offended I am by the whole thing. How is it that I am continually shocked & surprised by people's complete lack of manners, respect, etc?

Okay, now for some more interesting surprises. On Saturday evening, while preparing dinner for a family BBQ, I whacked off the top of my pinky finger while peeling potatoes. I have never seen so much blood in my entire life. Holy Crappers, it was incredible. My Dad & I drove to Walgreens to purchase gauze & heavy duty band-aids. On the way home, I bled thru my jumbo paper towel wrap all over the interior of my parents' car. My poor Dad spent the next 20 minutes in our driveway trying to remove the blood stains because, as he explained, he didn't want to become the main suspect on a 48 Hours Mystery if I died (clearly someone is watching way too much of the Investigation Discovery Channel). My Mother tried to convince me to go in for stitches, but I refused. I have found in my 33 years that there are few things in life that excessive amounts of Motrin & Pinot Noir can't fix. After about 6 hours, the bleeding finally stopped. Hopefully, the top of my finger will grow back. For those of you who know, I barely have hands, so every little bit makes a huge difference. BUT, one more thing ... While I was waiting for my blood to clot, I was wondering around the house doing "Mom" things, when I happened to walk by the playroom, where I witnessed Caroline vigourously shaking the gerbil cage & yelling, "EARTHQUAKE, EARTHQUAKE ". You know, looking back, I seriously suspect that "Chocolate" the gerbil committed suicide.

I will now end this post with something completely random - A video of Caroline at Tuey & Pappa's house, entitled "A Rat Came Into The House".

No comments: