Holy Crap, I can't believe I actually started one of these things. I know, my expressions are so very lady-like! Anyhow, this is a blog about my two wild women, Angelina (The Princess) & Caroline (Baby Chippie- You should see her imitation of a baby chipmunk) & the rest of my "interesting" family.
Friday, July 3, 2009
4th of July Flashback!
I remember it like it was yesterday, the week leading up to July 4th, 2005. I made an appointment to have the girls' portrait taken. I loaded up the girls & my parents and headed off to the mall. Angelina had a total melt-down & refused to sit for the photographer. We tried to calm her down by buying her a huge cup of chocolate ice-cream, which she then proceeded to drip all over her dress. By the time Angelina was ready to have her picture taken, her dress (which matched Caroline's dress) was filthy. Because the girls had to match, I ran into the closest store, which happened to be Old Navy, to buy two NEW dresses. To my horror, the only similiar looking dresses I could find were these over-the-top 4th of July outfits. AND of course, when we returned to the photo studio they couldn't squeeze us in. By the time we found a photo studio that had time for us, we had been at the mall for 6 freakin' hours. I remember my Dad asking how many times a year I planned on having the kids picture taken!!! I also remember Bob's reaction when he first looked at the 8 x 10 - "All you're missing is a photo of George Bush in the background." ANYWAY, on Thursday, the kids & I found ourselves near a photo studio, so we ran in & had a 4-Year Anniversary photo taken to commemorate that day back in 2005!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a full on mess. And I appreciate that mess because there are many things that Harper has that were a "must". Damn OCD. They are just as adorable now as they were then. Here is to many a crazy trip to the mall portrait studio.
Post a Comment