Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Because it's Mother's Day, I am going to take a break from posting about my own adventures in parenting & reflect on a few of my Mother's sayings & doings, which I have had the privilege of witnessing first-hand over the years. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

* In search of the perfume Anais Anais for my sister's birthday, my Mother approaches the perfume counter at Dillard's & tells the saleswoman, "My daughter just loves the smell of Anus Anus."

* Again, shopping with my Mother... She finds a shawl that she wants to put on hold. She tells the saleswoman, "I am going to one last store, but I want to put this on hold ... I'll be back in a few minutes." The saleswoman takes the shawl, gets a piece of paper and a pen & asks, "Who am I holding this for"? My Mother responds, "For me, Silly!"

* Sitting down at the dinner table, my Mother poses this poignant question to one of our guests, "Exactly how do you say 'Juan' in Spanish?"

* When asked her opinion of the theory that the world will end in 2012, my Mother responds, "I'm good with the world ending in 2012, as long as it doesn't involve me walking long distances."

* In response to my comment that Angelina didn't like the puppet show that performed for her class at school, my Mother says, "Oh, was it one of those sex puppet shows? Ugghh". WTF?!?!?!

Is my Mother hilarious or what? She is going to kill me... He He he He He he he.....

1 comment:

Rinny said...

I love it and I love that you and your mom both have stories to share....and that you do....even if it is you doing all the sharing on her behalf. Happy Mother's Day to you both!