Holy Crap, I can't believe I actually started one of these things. I know, my expressions are so very lady-like! Anyhow, this is a blog about my two wild women, Angelina (The Princess) & Caroline (Baby Chippie- You should see her imitation of a baby chipmunk) & the rest of my "interesting" family.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Oy Vey!
Okay, so I have mentioned repeatedly that my weeks have become increasingly unbearable & just plain crazy ... Well, when I dream of my weekends, I envision cleaning, washing sheets, taking Angelina to Saturday dance rehearsal, and drinking some wine. What I don't imagine doing is making Latkes!!!! "What are Latkes?", you non-Jewish folks may ask... Well, they are Jewish potato pancakes. Okay, I am going to backtrack for a moment. After Hanukkah, our grocery store had a ton of books entitled "The Complete Guide to Hanukkah" on sale. I bought one, of course, because my children are Jewish! Anyway, on Saturday morning Angelina broke out the book & read the entire thing. At end of the book there are recipes. Before I continue with this story, let me give you one background tidbit. Angelina is quite possibly the pickiest eater on Earth. She just recently started eating meat. Her diet mainly consists of broccoli & pasta and grilled salmon. Needless to say, I was shocked when she begged me to make Latkes. The recipe called for "Matzah Meal" - not exactly an item I have sitting around in my pantry! Bob, being the wonderful Daddy he is, ran to the store for "Matzah Meal". So, I spent my Saturday afternoon making "Latkes". We had our doubts that Angelina would actually eat the damn things, but she did. In fact, she ate about 6 of them! Caroline, on the otherhand, said they tasted like "Chicken Boogers"! Bottom-Line: Angelina is way more serious about being Jewish than I thought... No problem, we're happy to assist! I must add that today, after exiting church, our Pastor asked Bob how the girls were doing. Bob responded, "Well, they're in Sunday school right now & I was ordered to buy "Matzah Meal" yesterday."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How were they? I haven't ever had a Latke before.
Post a Comment