I had no idea that the first week back to reality after Christmas vacation would cause me so much grief (Holy Crap, I sound like Charlie Brown)! I'm not sure if we actually had a ton of extra stuff to do OR if I just got used to not having a schedule. Anyway, for the first time since Caroline was baptized back in 2005, we returned to church. Why did we stop going? We became Jewish! Okay, all kidding aside - The girls wouldn't sit still & there was no way I was dropping them off in the church nursery and exposing them to extra diseases. That's right, not even Jesus is immune from my germ phobia. But we figured that since the girls are now old enuf to attend Sunday school, we should return. And we did. Of course, we discovered after arriving at church on Sunday that Sunday school didn't resume until the next Sunday. We were already there, so we stayed for the serivce WITH Angelina & Caroline. Angelina took the whole thing very seriously. Caroline, on the otherhand, got fidgety & kept saying, "Jesus is Dead..." I tried to whisper that Jesus was alive & in Heaven. NOT a good idea on my part because Caroline then declared in a nice, loud & clear voice, "Jesus is not alive... don't cha know he is dead & in the boneyard." Lovely....
Okay, onto the actual week- Angelina & Caroline's schedules damn near killed me. I was either dropping a kid off at school, taking a kid to ballet, helping Bob with office stuff, helping someone with homework, etc. Then on Wednesday Caroline announced that her ear hurt. So, I had to squeeze in a Dr.'s appointment ... Sure enough, Caroline had a double ear infection. When Friday arrived, I thought "Finally, this week is over", then Angelina's teacher reminded me that Angelina was scheduled to be "Star of the Week" January 12-16. What is "Star of the Week"? Each child in Angelina's class has one week during the year that is all about them. The "Star of the Week" also gets to bring home the class teddy bear for the weekend... You are supposed to take the teddy bear everywhere you go & take photos. Needless to say, I spent the whole weekend helping Angelina create her "Star of the Week" bulletin board display & taking photos of a damn bear!!! In addition, Caroline had to create a "square" about her for the "class quilt" her preschool teachers are making in honor of this week's letter, the letter "Q". You know, "Quit" also starts with the letter "Q".... Couldn't they have requested that everyone just sit still or something!!!! Oh yeah, the kids also had 2 birthday parties over the weekend. Although I spent all last week feeling stressed & overworked, Angelina & Caroline managed to stay funny...
On Tuesday nite, Angelina watched a TV show with Bob about meteors & volcanoes. Afterwards, Bob proceeded to tell Angelina all of the interesting facts he knew about such things. When I put Angelina to bed, she announced that she loved to learn new things & asked if I would share my knowledge regarding volcanoes & meteors. Okay, I know NOTHING about meteors & volcanoes. To dodge her request, I said, "I don't know a lot about volcanoes, but I do know that you are the most beautiful 5-year old in the world." Angelina responded, "Mommy, I wanted you to tell me something I don't already know." THEN on Friday morning, out of the blue, Caroline comes in & says, "Aaaahhh... Another day, another dollar." What??? What is she talking about???? Below is a photo of Angelina & the class bear at ballet on Friday...
OMG! I almost forgot to mention that Angelina also lost her first tooth. She was so excited about the Tooth Fairy coming to visit, BUT she was very disappointed that no one could tell she lost a tooth. You know, most kids go thru that awkward stage where they have nothing but gums, but not Angelina. Everything about Angelina is perfect... so I was not surprised that her "adult" tooth was already in place before the baby tooth fell out. The child has no hips, she eats like a horse, her hair is nicely highlighted, she knows the 7 continents, her eyes change color depending on what she is wearing, and she smells like cookies... If only I could be her!!!!!
1 comment:
Your girls are too cute. Thinking back...I thought you were Catholic?? Although, I have some vague recollection of you not going through confirmation in high school. That was pretty rebellious of you!
Post a Comment