Thursday, January 22, 2009

Introducing the Statue of Liberty and MISS Barack Obama!


So, the big inauguration celebration took place last nite & the girls went crazy. I haven't seen them this excited since, well, since Hanukkah. Angelina dressed up like the Statue of Liberty (as you can see from the photo, she took the role very seriously) & Caroline became Barack Obama. They sat in Bob's home office for an hour before bed perusing Internet sites about the American presidency & government. I can pretty much guarantee you that I had exactly zero interest in such things when I was little... Anyway, when I tucked Angelina into bed, I told her that I thought she might become President of the United States one day. After giving a big sigh, Angelina explained, "I don't want to be President, all I want to do is vote & tour the White House." I must say I was relieved to hear her answer. I am still holding out hope that one of my girls will become a plumber. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to hire a plumber, especially during off hours???? I would do anything to have a plumber in the family!

2 comments:

Rinny said...

This made my laugh out loud, Emily. There aren't many mothers out there that would hope for a plumber. Unless they have called an after hours plumber that is.

Anonymous said...

Yes, plumbing is one of those jobs that will always be needed and never outsourced. So cute about your girls and the inauguration...Nathaniel still insists that John McCain will win. I keep trying to tell him that ship has sailed.