(1) I can't say the following words: stupid, hate, dammit, hell or shit. Okay, I'll admit it, some of this is my own fault. I am the one who told the girls that "stupid" & "hate" are bad words. Bob, on the other hand, is the one who told them that "hell, dammit & shit" are bad words after hearing them repeat me. Whatever... Anyway, every time I experience some road rage & accidentally yell out one of the aforementioned prohibited words, Angelina or Caroline yells, "____ is a bad word." It's like having Jesus Christ follow you around all day long. Speaking of Jesus, yesterday when I picked Caroline up from school, she showed me the Valentine's Day card she made in class. Struck by the beauty of her artwork, I exclaimed, "Oh My God, it's beautiful." Well, as soon as I said that, one of Caroline's eavesdropping classmates said, "Caroline, could you please tell your Mommy not to say 'God' like that." Nice... Now my speech is being curtailed by other people's children... Nice... Real nice.
(2) If you've been reading my blog, then you know that Angelina is a good reader. Yeah, that's great & all, but she reads all the freakin' road signs now & advises me accordingly. If she feels that I am speeding, she yells from the backseat, "The speed limit is 35." OR my personal favorite, "You're in a school zone, slow down". I also like the occasional, "You failed to yield, Mommy." Well at least she is keeping our car insurance rates low.
By the way, below is a photo of the "Little Enforcer" before her ballet dress rehearsal this past Saturday.
3 comments:
Your kids make me laugh...they are so funny. I'm with you on the words...I struggle with "stupid" and Nathaniel reminds me of it daily. It's hard though because so many things are just STUPID- there is no better word sometimes.
Can I please be your agent?
I fear the day when the kids "know" what the bad words are...I called Kyle a douche the other day and Davis promptly repeated it. Which is just a lovely thing to hear your little boy say. Luckily we can just completely ignore him right now and he won't ever use the word again.
Post a Comment