Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quick - Reserve Me Now for Your Next Party!

Okay, before you read this post I must warn you that it might be TOO much information... Proceed with caution. So, the mystery surrounding my unexpected, but very much appreciated, boob growth has been solved. I had my annual appointment with my OB/GYN last week & apparently I am producing & storing a large quantity of breast milk. As I have mentioned before, I see my OB/GYN frequently at Caroline's school, so I have to make eye contact with this woman on a weekly basis. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly pleased when milk shot a good 8 inches into the air during my breast exam. She actually exclaimed, "Whoa, I wasn't expecting that"!!! Anyhow, she ordered me to return for a blood test within a week to check my ProLactin levels, you know, the hormone produced by your pituitary gland that tells your body to produce milk. My Doctor explained that if my ProLactin level came back high, then we would need to determine the reason & correct the problem. In the alternative, if my ProLactin level came back normal, then shooting milk into the sky at a moment's notice would just be a really neat party trick. Well, I received my blood test results yesterday & my ProLactin levels are completely normal. Don't worry about me, I have come to terms with my dairy affliction.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

My Lord in Heaven, Emily! I am about ready to write TLC and pitch a reality show to them starring The Mann family. How do you just not spend hours rolling on the floor laughing. I know I do each time you post....okay well maybe not hours, but definitely makes me chuckle on and off for a while after reading.

Tuey said...

Emily, too much information!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you can nurse starving African children, just like Selma Hayek...maybe it's your true calling.